Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Grails Image Crop Using Jcrop

A user in an X-Events hosted site should be able to upload his picture and use it as a profile picture. Also, the uploaded picture has to be cropped to a certain resolution before it is used.

You might have seen many websites nowadays have a profile picture. And when you upload a profile picture, you are usually prompted to crop the picture (sometimes with certain forced resolution), and it is this cropped picture that is used from then onwards. I was required to implement a similar functionality here. I decided to use Jcrop for the JavaScript side of the cropping mechanism as it was based on jQuery and we were already using a bit of jQuery in our application. Here I illustrate how I did the job.

2 comments:

1. A good UK writer will probably be with you about writing some sort of dissertation declaration, writing a study offer in addition to getting ready the investigation previous to it's sent out to you. Simply make certain the organization you ultimately choose is located along with documented in your area. Almost all provide a 100% money-back guarantee and also carry out your changes free of cost. By doing this you can be certain of receiving the products creating you choose. An area custom dissertation writing business using ancient authors will not likely outsource your job available overseas wherever internet writers are not sure of the particular creating abandon alone this instructional requirements of your university or college.

ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible site. This is similar http://www.b2bmarketing.net/blog/posts/2015/10/28/developing-efficient-b2b-content-marketing-strategy-%E2%80%93-10-steps I have been examining about this point with my associate, Because its extremely intriguing. Proceed with your fabulous work. thanx

ReplyDelete

Copyright David Bourget and University of London, 2011. This blog's content is license under the Attribution-ShareAlike license.